Monday, March 8, 2010

Heirloom Baby Blanket

The first time I saw this blanket about 3 weeks ago, I just HAD to make it. Fortunately, someone asked me if I could make a baby afghan for them to give as a gift. So I sat down and started working on this beauty. Everything went smooth.....till row 9. Then I was totally confused. I did a little research and found out that others had been confused as well. I tried a couple suggestions...still didn't work.

So I was browsing in the grocery store a few days later and found that Crochet Today had published a magazine with their All Time Best Blankets, and what should I find inside but the same blanket pattern. Well, I thought that, perhaps, the pattern had been revised and I could have give it another try. No such luck.....still stuck at row 9. I was ready to throw the thing in the trash when I happened to see something in the pattern notes, which read, “Refer to the stitch diagram while working this pattern. which will clarify the complex instructions.” And I said, "Diagrams? What diagrams?" So I turned a couple pages and there they were....the charts for the blanket. It was a cloud parting moment. I went to row 9 on the chart and Ah HA! THAT'S what she means! And on I went. I didn't look at the written instructions again.






And this is the result. I am very pleased with how it came out. I used sport weight yarn instead of baby yarn and a G hook. You can find the text pattern HERE. If you need the charts, you will have to get the magazine. but its worth it. If there is a baby in the future for you or someone you know, this blanket will be treasured.



Crochet, Away!

6 comments:

Unique2wh0 said...

WOW!!!!!

Aussie Maria said...

The blanket is wonderful!!! You think they would test out both written and graph patterns before going to print.

BearyAnn said...

The blanket is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Que trabalho mais lindo.
Maravilhoso.
beijos
http://sandra-puramagia.blogpost.com

Aisyah Helga said...

I love that you used a contrasting border for it and on the middle flower. I made 2 of this but instead of them being blankets, they're used as table toppers. I enjoyed making them since the pattern is continuous. I refered to the pic when I came to rnd 9 which was a bit of a headache! Anyway, great work!

Beready.pk said...

So nice work great blog.
Latest Jobs In Pakistan

Twitter Timeline