I originally wasn't going to crochet anything for the grandkids birthdays, but I found THIS pattern for a girls swimsuit cover up and it seemed like something I could do rather quickly and I was right....took 2 days. I just finished in a short time ago. This is for Sydney...she will be 4 on Sunday.
I made some changes in the pattern...added the ruffling around the skirt and sleeve edges and shaped the hood a bit differently. I used Bernat Cool Crochet (which is discontinued) instead of the #3 crochet cotton. I knew I would find a use for that yarn...its perfect for a project like this....lightweight and the mesh makes it pretty stretchy.
This pattern is made from the top down and could be easily adapted for a much larger size. I might try making one for myself.
Oh....and I want to thank all of you for your well wishes during my illness. I am feeling MUCH better now and hope to stay that way. I am losing weight and looking forward to swimming weather when the pool opens in about a month.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
Sorry I haven't been around but I have been sick for the past 4 weeks. Just got out of the hospital on Wednesday and I am still not totally well. I was a mystery patient.....no one could figure out what was wrong with me. They did find out I have diabetes, which I am taking care of. But for the other, I am still not 100%. I haven't felt like crocheting...can't concentrate on it at the moment. But I hope to be better soon and back to my favorite past time. So bear with me while RL gets in the way and I will be back ASAP! Till then....