Friday, January 9, 2009

Sweetheart Ripple Afghan




I have the flu......lucky me. So I am housebound again...sigh....



But that made it a perfect time for me to start working on this ghan. I am making it for my mother for Valentines Day, so that forces me to finish it :) This design can be found in the current issue of Crochet World Magazine.....its on the cover. Kim Guzman is the designer......she is so clever! I love the fact that this ghan is reversable. The heart design is so cute....I know my mother is going to love it! I had to use different yarn because the specified yarn (Simply Soft Heather) wasnt available so I went with RH Soft and its working up just fine.

I didnt work to gauge so this ghan is smaller than it should be, but thats ok because I really want it to be a coverlet for her bed in the nursing home. Because its a hospital bed, everything has to be tucked under the mattress so there is nothing interfering with the bed guards and the mechanism. I didnt want this to be tucked in, so its just wide enough to lay on top of the sheets.



Go out and get this magazine if you can and give it a try. I will post a photo of the finished ghan when I am done.



1/27 - Here is the finished afghan!


Crochet, Away!

13 comments:

Jenny's World said...

The colour you chose is realy beautifull.

Ria said...

I love how well that reverses!

Beth N said...

Ok--I didn't read carefully and complimented you on a scarf on K@C--either way the will be beautiful--I will have to look for that pattern.

Sandy said...

I've never seen anything like this, very cool. I was doing some blog walking, from Therese's site when I spotted your name, and being a fellow Sandy, had to come by and say hi.

Hope you feel better soon, enjoy your crochet time, and good luck with your ghan.

Stop in for a visit,
Sandy

Sônia Maria said...

Hi, Sandy!
Beautiful colors!
Beautiful stitch!
Lovely blog!
Hugs,
Sônia Maria

The Bookworm said...

oh wow, so pretty!!
feel better soon :)
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

MiniBooger said...

That came out just gorgeous! I'm sure your mom was thrilled to receive it :)

Elaine B. said...

do u know how to get this pattern now. i have been looking for it but i am not to good at that stuff.

Barbara said...

Looks like I'm behind the game a couple years so I hope you see this comment. I purchased this pattern from Annie's Attic in hopes to make it over the holidays. I tried it but I feel like there is something missing or I'm miss reading it. Any chance you can help out?

Rupaalii said...

Hello,
Very well crocheted beautiful project..I am struggling to understand the FPTC_Sc stitch..can you please sketch it and show here as comment.or make a small video on YouTube..I know fptc but fptc_sc m not able to get correct.
I am from India and gettig paid patterns is not feasible here

Hope you will help me.
Roopali

Rupaalii said...

Hello,
Very well crocheted beautiful project..I am struggling to understand the FPTC_Sc stitch..can you please sketch it and show here as comment.or make a small video on YouTube..I know fptc but fptc_sc m not able to get correct.
I am from India and gettig paid patterns is not feasible here

Hope you will help me.
Roopali

smr61754 said...

Hello, Roopali! I think you may have better luck contacting Kim Guzman, the designer. Click on her name in my post...it will take you to her pattern page. Or if you are a member of Ravelry, she has her own group....CrochetKim. You can ask any question about any of her designs and she is very happy to help. Good luck and thank you!

Sandy

Unknown said...

I love the afghan and have purchased the recommended yarn, hook etc. I have completed 3 rows of hearts and am having serious problems. There is a loose bulge at the base of the smaller hearts where I have skipped over the two sc. I have pulled it out and started over several times with the same result. This is not how yours looks. I am sure I am following the instructions correctly. Help. What might be the problem?

Twitter Timeline