Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dress for Lillith

With all that has been going on lately, I forgot to post about this cute dress that I crocheted for little Lillith and gave to her on my recent trip to Boston to visit my family....



The pattern is called Roses and Lace and is available on e-patternscentral. I used factory mill ends in a baby weight and an E hook.This is a really pretty pattern, although the roses gave me a bit of a fit. They weren't lining up properly (and I found out that others were having a similar problem). They are supposed to be staggered but it wasn't symmetrical and it just didn't look right so I adjusted my stitches so the roses lined up below one another. The mesh in the bodice is supposed to be open but I decided to thread ribbon in it for a different look. Fits Lillith perfectly, although I didn't get a photo. Perhaps my DIL will take one and share it.

I also made Lillth a knitted, hooded cape which also came out great. Its on my project page on Ravelry, if you are curious.

More crocheting to come very soon.

Crochet, Away!

No comments:

Twitter Timeline