Sunday, July 15, 2018

Easing Back

It has been quite awhile since I have posted here. Despite several tries, its taken a couple years for me to get my life back on track and to find the desire to once again do the one craft I love above all others...crochet.

I have started to put a toe back into the crochet waters, so to speak and try to start posting here again. Now that I finally have a home of my own, I am ready to get started. And, for me, the best way to begin again is to do the one project that doesn't take a lot of thought but is something everyone can appreciate.....afghans!

I started a Jacobs Ladder Ripple Afghan a couple years ago when I was trying to get my mojo back but I ended up losing interest in it and putting it away. The other day, I was looking for something to occupy myself while I watched TV and I remembered the afghan. So I pulled it out and finished it! I feel very accomplished as a result....it was what I needed to re-spark my craving for crochet.  Here's how it came out....



The pattern can be found HERE. It's an easy pattern but has just enough interest to make it special. I used the Deborah Norville Everyday yarn, which is a rather soft acrylic. Perfect pattern for a man or boy. I intend to gift this one to a gentleman friend. I think he will like it.

After I finished that ghan yesterday, I dug through my project basket and found another afghan I started a while back and, again, lost interest in. And when I looked at it, all I could think of was, "What was I thinking?" It was ugly as sin! So I felt no loss in frogging it. The yarn (Studio Samples by Nicole) is rather a busy one with a metallic thread running through it and the pattern I chose got lost in it. So I decided that a lacier pattern was what I needed. I went searching and I found The Lacy Shells of Pink Afghan.....



This is my progress so far. Again, its an easy one but with some interest so it's not boring for me. It'll make a nice ghan for the back of a sofa or chair, as it's not a big one. Since I am only using the one color, it won't take me long to finish it and it will make another nice gift for someone.

Now that I have a place of my own and lots more room, I will be slowly working my way back to my old crafting self. Looking forward to that very much. I have missed it.

Crochet, Away!

No comments:

Twitter Timeline