I made these socks for myself over the past couple days. It was a bit exasperating. I had one nearly done when I tried it on to measure for length and I couldnt get it over my ankle. I was SO mad but I frogged the whole thing...2 minutes for about 5 hours work....and started over with a larger hook. Thing that got me was my gauge was correct....but the pattern must have been for VERY small people. I had to upsize from an F hook to an I...and then they came out perfect. Thats why socks are so tough to make. The patterns are easy....its the sizing that causes the trouble since there is less stretch in a crocheted sock than there is a knitted one. But I am determined to get really good at crocheting socks.....all kinds.
I got the pattern from a sock booklet I ordered from Annie's Attic. I used Cotton Plus in Thistle. One skein makes one sock with a small amount left over. I think I am going to make another pair in another color.
Happy New Year Everyone!!