I originally wasn't going to crochet anything for the grandkids birthdays, but I found THIS pattern for a girls swimsuit cover up and it seemed like something I could do rather quickly and I was right....took 2 days. I just finished in a short time ago. This is for Sydney...she will be 4 on Sunday.
I made some changes in the pattern...added the ruffling around the skirt and sleeve edges and shaped the hood a bit differently. I used Bernat Cool Crochet (which is discontinued) instead of the #3 crochet cotton. I knew I would find a use for that yarn...its perfect for a project like this....lightweight and the mesh makes it pretty stretchy.
This pattern is made from the top down and could be easily adapted for a much larger size. I might try making one for myself.
Oh....and I want to thank all of you for your well wishes during my illness. I am feeling MUCH better now and hope to stay that way. I am losing weight and looking forward to swimming weather when the pool opens in about a month.