Friday, June 12, 2015

A Little Luxury is a Good Thing

It took awhile....and its not as strong as it was....but I had the desire to crochet something I needed. Since it was a small project, it seemed doable in my circumstances.

I made some cotton bath puffs years ago....gave them as gifts. I made one for myself, too, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It was too small, for one thing and not very soft either. I was looking online for options and someone suggested using cotton chenille yarn. That seemed like a great idea so I did a little online shopping and found Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille in a pretty periwinkle blue, which matches my good bath towels perfectly. Then I found THIS pattern and got to work. This is the result.....



As you can see its not a wimpy little puff although I did up the hook size to an H because of the thickness. Its SO soft and squishy. It took a skein and a half so I should have enough to make one more, as I bought 3 skeins. Not a cheap bath puff but I think I am worth it. I bet you are too. :) 

This is the first time I have picked up a crochet hook since Ron died. I still don't quite feel like tackling anything major right now, but this is a start.

Hope to be back again soon. In the meantime....

Crochet, Away!

2 comments:

Crochetshannon said...

Nice to see you are coming back after your loss. Keep trying, you will get back to crocheting. Sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself!
Shannin

smr61754 said...

Thank you for those kind words, Shanin. And you are right....and I will keep trying. :)

Twitter Timeline