Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bag Swap



I am involved in another swap on K&C....its a bag
swap. Any kind of bag so I made this one. Its a BIG one (18" in diameter) but I really like bigger bags....I carry a LOT of stuff :) Despite its size, I think it came out great! My D saw it and SHE wants one..he,he.. The only part that I had a pattern for was the front section....which I believe was supposed to be done in a much thinner yarn but I wanted something larger and this is how it came out. The back is just a large DC circle. You can find the pattern for the front HERE . But be warned....its only for the front and some of the directions may seem a bit off. But if "I" can figure it out, anyone can :)








As you can see, I lined the inside with a different fabric and I think its very pretty. I had to hand sew the entire lining since I no longer own a sewing machine...that took a whole evening since I had to sew the front and back lining together first, THEN sew it in to the bag and THEN sew in the back lining. I sure hope my partner likes it. If she doesnt use it for a purse, its large enough to carry around a crochet WIP :)
Crochet Away!

8 comments:

MiniBooger said...

Wow! Can I be your next swap partner? That is a VERY pretty bag and you did an exceptional job on it :o)

The Bookworm said...

that bag is beautiful sandy, I love the lining too.

Sônia Maria said...

WOW!!!!!!
It is lovely!
Your Bag Swap are one love.
Have a nice week.
Hugs for you,
Sônia maria
www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com

Lu said...

I love your bag! I am not much for crocheted bags but that one is beautiful! The lining is wonderful! Beautiful work!

Beth N said...

That bag is just beautiful! You do such nice work.

Paula Almeida said...

Hello, Your bag is beautiful. I like it very much. Congratulations.

Hugs

Paula Almeida

smr61754 said...

Thank you everyone! I am in the process of making my second bag...for my D...in a deep teal color. She has to pick out the lining material for it so I can start that. I might just make a couple more for Christmas gifts too.

This is me.my life. said...

I LOVE IT!!! You did a fantastic job. It's so beautiful.

Twitter Timeline