Sunday, November 4, 2007

First Socks


I have been wanting to make a pair of crocheted socks ever since I saw the lovely knitted ones that have been made in K&C. I had seen socks crocheted of regular yarn and they were more like slippers than socks. I wanted regular socks I could wear with shoes. So I was fortunate to find a good book that has step by step instructions about making crocheted socks. The pattern for the socks I am making is in the photo....it's a beginner pattern to get used to the form. Although I have made bootie socks in this fashion, I thought it better to start from the beginning and see how it goes. I am alergic to wool so originally I wanted a cotton blend but I found this Pima cotton and I really liked it so I bought 3 hanks of it....should be enough for a couple pair. I love the color, too. I have the leg, heel and heel turn finished and I have just started on the gusset. If this first sock comes out right, I will continue on to the second one. One thing I like about this pattern is that it's done in one continuous piece. Will post another photo when I am finished.


Crochet Away!

1 comment:

Sônia Maria said...

Hi, my dear friend!
I am happy with your visit.
You are a lovely people.
Thanks!
Your socks is very beautiful.
Congratulations!
Have a nice week.
Hugs and kisses.
Sônia Maria

Twitter Timeline