Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quick Stitch Cowl



Here is a really quick and easy project for you or as a gift. I found it in the current issue of Crochet World magazine. It's made with Homespun, which is the bane of many crocheters (myself included) but once you get past the foundation chain, it's very easy because its made almost entirely of post stitches. The Homespun is actually perfect for this cowl....adds bulk without a lot of weight and the colors just add to the look. This one I made as a gift but the next one is for me. Perfect if you don't want "hat hair" but need a little protection from the cold. It's made to be worn either down around the neck only or pulled up onto the head. Check out the magazine....there are some nice holiday patterns in it.

Crochet, Away!

5 comments:

- said...

I love the color too.

Nélia Botelho said...

Olá Sandy

Muito bonito e deve ser muito aconchegante já que o fio é bem fofinho.

bjs
Nélia

The Bookworm said...

nice cowl Sandy, and you look great!
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Sônia Maria said...

Lovely, Sandy!
Hugs,
Sônia Maria

DaCraftyLady said...

I loved trhis pattern too and have not finished mine but I made it with chenille and it is quick andmfun to make..

Twitter Timeline