Sunday, July 12, 2009

Seashell Tote




This was a spur of the moment project that I found in the Summer 2009 issue of Interweave Crochet. I never made a tote like this before and I liked the design. I especially like it because you can add rows to the base and it doesnt affect the pattern....you only have to adjust the handle row accordingly. You can also use just about any cotton or acrylic yarn for it. It makes a great beach or market tote and its very easy. Might give it as a gift....not sure yet.


I used Bernat Cool Crochet and a G hook for the body of the tote....and F hook for the handle portion. Cool Crochet is a nice cotton blend yarn. And now that its available in 8.5 oz skeins, its even better. Its on the list of discontinued yarns but you can still find it at the craft stores. If you can get a copy of the Summer IC magazine, this one is a great carry along project. Give it a try!

Crochet, Away!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Very nice, I've always thought these looked handy things to have around; but have never gotten around to making one.

Doing some blog walking today and found my way here.


Bridge and Beyond

Unique2wh0 said...

Ohhhh I like that one and love the colors. I just made a tote bag too it was kinda fun. I made the one that has a pouch and turns into itself. I am gonna see if I have that mag. and make this one too :)
I am gonna have to break down and look for that yarn been hearing a lot of it can't believe they are taking it off the market :(
De'Anna

Twitter Timeline